Android Question Bluetooth bitrate

Steven Buckley

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish to pass serial data to/from a Bluetooth device. I notice that the default
baud rate is 9600. I need to transfer much quicker that this. Can you increase the rate of the Bluetooth link to higher rates (Eg....19200,38400,57600,115200, 230400, 460800, 921200) or is B4A stuck at 9600?

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
The bluetooth radio hardware is responsible to manage the speed and adapt it if necessary.
You are talking about the 'wired' com speed that is a different thing (i.e. the speed beetwen your microcontroller and the BT module)

Upvote 0

Steven Buckley

Licensed User
Longtime User
True. Silly on my behalf. I have used the type 'Serial' to interface to a BC127 Bluetooth module. The interface to the BC127 was an FPGA
that used the default 9600 baud rate for communication. I have a new application that needs faster comms. The BC127 has a programmable
buad rate that can go up to 921200. If I change the rate to 921200, can I assume that the Android app using the type 'Serial' will automatically
keep up with the new speed. Thanks

Upvote 0

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think yes, it depends on the hardware of the phone and his drivers, imho.
The environment around the 2 devices and the distance has a big impact on the bt communication speed.

Upvote 0