iOS Question Bluetooth with iOS

Giuliano Cucchiarini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I am evaluating the possibility to connect an iOS device with a barcode reader using Bluetooth, but I do not succeed.

Are BLE and Standard Bluetooth compatible? The library works only with BLE?
If my Barcode reader is not BLE, how can I connect my iOS APP with it?

With b4A I have no problem.

Thank You

Giuliano C.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

boastrike

Licensed User
Longtime User
The other option is to use it in the wedge mode which will then cause it to take over your entire keyboard functionality. We use one with Apple and the user has to be trained to hit a '-' button on the scanner to disable it as the keyboard and allow the device keyboard to function. Not nearly as clean as Android. You can try to build your own 'keyboard' with a panel and buttons but Apple frowns on that when trying to release it to the store.

Just pair it and when you turn it on you will most likely have to manually have them set focus to the field.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The other option is to use it in the wedge mode which will then cause it to take over your entire keyboard functionality. We use one with Apple and the user has to be trained to hit a '-' button on the scanner to disable it as the keyboard and allow the device keyboard to function. Not nearly as clean as Android. You can try to build your own 'keyboard' with a panel and buttons but Apple frowns on that when trying to release it to the store.

Just pair it and when you turn it on you will most likely have to manually have them set focus to the field.
I really dislike the way apple puts a lock on all this, that's the only thing that keeps me from getting into apple development, i really think is very senseless the way they do things.

that's just my opinion.

Upvote 0