Browser like an Iphone

studio4

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning. Firstly, excuses because my English skill is not good, due to I am Spanish.

I am desperate: I need that the default web browser of android simulates to be an iphone, So, I can show my web page correctly (my web page contains a video and the web view does not show videos). I have tried to create a webview and to change the property “setuseragentstring “and it works well, but this property only changes in the webview and it does not change in the default browser of android:

Example:

Sub globals------------------------
Dim WebViewSetting1 As WebViewSettings
Dim WebViewExtras1 As WebViewExtras
End sub
----------------------
Sub activity_Create
WebViewExtras1.addJavascriptInterface(w, "B4A")
WebViewSetting1.setJavaScriptCanOpenWindowsAutomatically(w,True)
WebViewExtras1.addWebChromeClient(w)
w.ZoomEnabled=False
WebViewSetting1.setUserAgentString(w, "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7")

End sub
-----------------------

It changes the webview properties but it does not change the default browser of android. I know that if you write in the address bar (of default browser)…. About:debug, I can change this property in the settings of the browser directly, but I need making it in my application.

Someone knows something? I cannot advance in my project without overcoming this step. Thank you very much.

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it will be easier to modify your web page so that if the user-agent string is equivalent to Android, then show the iPhone version of the page.

Or create a new web page on your server (like www.mysite.com/mobile) such that it always shows the iPhone version, regardless of the browser the visitor uses. And then use that web page's url in your application.

Upvote 0

studio4

Licensed User
Longtime User
The web page is not mine

Firstly, thank you for you early answer. It is very easy, but the web page is not mine, so, I can not modify it. I need another ideas. Thank you.

Upvote 0