Good Job, Looks pretty good, i haven't tested on the ppc, but i did
lookat the code, maybe the slowness has to do with that the program needs to read the appdir each time the "redraw" sub runs, have you thought of loading the images in memory in Appstart and reuse them each time?
Thanks for ImbEmb, very handy tool! :sign0188:
If anyone can help with sounds it would be great because i don't know how to create them and i don't want to just steal them from some other application...
First of all, I would like to congratulate you for your program.
Having seen your age in the about form, gives for me, much much more value to your program.
I had a look at your updated version, and played a bit with it.
A few improvement suggestions :
- The first page in the previous version with the menu on top and the game directly available to the player looked much nicer to me than the new one with the big buttons. The first look of a program must be attractive to the user to encourage him to continue.
- Why not use Toolbox Buttons with images in the menu to show the different possibilities, this is universal without translations needed into different languages.
- You should save the setup (options) in a file that the user gets the choosen configuration at the next start of the program. For example in the scores file.
- For the language options, you could prepare the program to look for a certain number of possible languages, by checking if the file exists, and if yes add the language to the combobox. In that way, the new language is directly available just by adding a new language file to the directory, without any source modification.
- When a game is over, the program shows a panel and the player is invited to enter his name. It would be interstiong to add the player's score.
I had one problem, at one game there remained just one last bubble, I don't remember if clicked on this last one, and the program hung up, I think, in an infinite loop. I was not yet able to reproduce this behaviour. Could you check this point, propbly in your Do Loops?
Another question, sometimes there are new bubbles added either in left or right columns. Is this a normal behaviour or something strange ?
About sound, you have the Sound("music.wav") keyword to play sound files.You will already find a certain number of sound files on your desktop and in the PocketPC, search for *.wav files.
You can also have a look at this application that uses sound : http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2141
The points above are of course only suggestions and reflect just my point of view.
Thanks for useful tips, i know how to work with sounds, i just didn't want to take them from another application, but I've done it. I fixed some bugs especially in drawing border arround bubles and Of course improved terrible graphics. Thank you very much for an additional languages, i will include them as soon as possible. About new bubbles which appears in left or right columns - i don't exactly know if i understood right, but there are four modes, for exaple in inject mode (my invention =) ) new column is added directly in freed space. If you think something else it may be bug which i didn't find. I'll take care about error you specified and saving options, thanks for your spent time, Stanislav.