bug 6.8?

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just downloaded and installed the new 6.8 and all the improvements look very good, but I can't see them yet as I get this error message on starting up a .sbp file:

An error has occurred during the registration process.
Error message: Unable to find an entry point named 'Scalars' in DLL 'test.dll'.
Please contact [email protected]

Anything I can do to solve this?

RBS

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get the same error message, but it only happens when I try and open an existing file. I can start on a new program and save it without any problems / Björn

Last edited:

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for confirming it is not just me then.
I have mailed to support and hope to get this sorted soon as I need to do some work on an existing project.

RBS

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't get this. Existing projects, either 6.50 or 6.80, open fine. However I wonder if it is something to do with the new registration process. I was previously running the beta version of 6.80 and noticed that the final version, when first run, didn't go through the normal process of asking for my email address for registration but just worked. That may be a red herring though.

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it probably is, I had to enter my email during the registration process for 6.80. I have also tried copying the new license file to the Basic4ppc-folder, but still get the same error message.

I closed the new project I started with 6.80, and now I get the same error message when I try to open it again.

all the best / Björn

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I started Basic4ppc Desktop.exe, it asked for e-mail address and I put that in and started fine. I then opened the existing project from the running Basic4ppc Desktop.exe and all fine. But when I open the existing project by double-clicking the .sbp file I get the error. So, at least I can open the file and work with it and not a major problem.

RBS