Bug in controls on right side?

Ida

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

if I add in Designer a control (Label here) to a form with an existing name of an other label, then I got a error-message. OK. But after closing the Designer I can't see on the right side any controls.

I have then closed my *.sbp and have opened it with the WIN Editor. There I could see the existing label and have deleted this row and then I saved the *.sbp.

Is this correct so?

Please excuse my bad english!

Greetings

Ida

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Ida,

after editing a form and closing the designer, normally all controls are listed up within the controls tree on the right side of the IDE.

But if someone adds a duplicate control and gets the error message, the designer is automatically closed. Now no controls are shown in the controls tree on the right side of the IDE. :(

But if you had a closer look to the previous errormessage it would tell you which control was duplicate.
If you have missed the text of the error you can
a) just run the program within the IDE or
b) save and load the program again
Both times another error occurs telling you which control is duplicate.

specci48

Ida

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello specci48,

Hello Ida,

after editing a form and closing the designer, normally all controls are listed up within the controls tree on the right side of the IDE.

But if someone adds a duplicate control and gets the error message, the designer is automatically closed. Now no controls are shown in the controls tree on the right side of the IDE. :(

But if you had a closer look to the previous errormessage it would tell you which control was duplicate.
If you have missed the text of the error you can
a) just run the program within the IDE or
b) save and load the program again
Both times another error occurs telling you which control is duplicate.

specci48

well now also in English to you:

Thank you for Your help!
My problem was that I can see the name in the error-message but in the Designer I can't see it.
So I had opened the *.sbp in the Win Editor, there I had seen that I had write (in B4PPC) a "0" to much (1800). That was the reason that I canot see in the designer the label.

Is it not good to open a *.sbp in the WIN Editor, change something there and then save it?

Gruß

Ida

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Ida,

I had the same kind of 'trouble'.
I aslo edited the file in a texteditor, but you have also the solution, in the IDE to look at all Controls with the next button and check the Left and Top values.
If you have a lot of Controls it could become boring.
I had asked Erel, some time ago, to also have a Previous button to navigate between the Controls.

Best regards.

Last edited:

Ida

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Klaus,

Hallo Ida,

I had the same kind of 'trouble'.
I aslo edited the file in a texteditor, but you have also the solution, in the IDE to look at all Controls with the next button and check the Left and Top values.
If you have a lot of Controls it could become boring.
I had asked Erel, some time ago, to also have a Previous button to navigate between the Controls.

Best regards.

now also to you in English:

Thank you for your help!
I think I never used the button "Next" in the Designer on Desktop. That's very fine to navigate between the controls.
There I have found a button (540) I cannot see in the designer; I have deleted this button because not used.

Also it is a calm (= "Beruhigung" in German) that I can use an editor also - to open and to save. Thank you!

Greetings

Ida

Last edited: