iOS Question bump effect on page resize

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Switching from a page that has the navigation and toolbar visible to another that doesn't have, the page_resize event cause a graphic "bump" that i find not nice to see.
Is there any method to make a smoother transition with a nicer appeal ?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Set the dumping ratio to 1:

SS-2016-03-31_09.18.03.png

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but that's not really what I mean.
Situation:

Page1 without statusbar and navigationbar
Page2 with status and nav

Switching from 1 to 2 looks nice
Switching back from 2 to 1 causes:

1) nice sliding effect where page 2 disappear an page1 is on the back (but still with status and nav)
2) disappear status and nav on page1
3) page1 resize: this doesn't look nice

Shold look better that before page 2 slides and disappear on the right, the page1 on the back is ready, resized and without the status and nav bar

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes Erel, I was playing with that example of yours.
Do you see that when page 2 is appearing, sliding on the left, the statusbar is already present ?
Thats looks nice.
But coming back to page1, sliding on the right, the status is still present and disappear only after and the following page resize looks not nice (IMHO)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But coming back to page1, sliding on the right, the status is still present and disappear only after and the following page resize looks not nice (IMHO)
I agree. You cannot remove the bars while the user slides the screen as no event is raised until the page disappears. If it really annoys you then you can hide the layout from the first page and only show it after the page is resized.

Upvote 0