Share My Creation Business App for sales

I have not seen many business apps created with basic4android even though the tool is perfect for the task, so I decided to show what has been achieved using B4A.

Over the past few months I have been creating this app for our sales managers who are on the road. The app uses an SQLite database that is updated daily via ftp & wifi/3g from a snapshot from our main business database.

It presents information such as customer data, product data & images, sales & purchase histories etc. Reports to customers can be generated into PDF's and delivered via email where needed.

At the business side of the app there is a vb.net tool that extracts and posts data online in a zipped file that is picked up by the tab later in the morning.

Essentially it contains all the bits and pieces for our sales team never to be seen in the office again, right up to the point when they loose or break the Galaxy Tab it runs on.

I have blurred the private information, names and places changed to protect the innocent kind of thing!

Attachments

• Tab1.jpg
    Tab1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 10,703
  • tab2.jpg
    tab2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,073
  • tab3.jpg
    tab3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • tab4.jpg
    tab4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks interesting and good designed; i work on the same idea: how to you transfer data beetween office and tablets? Do you send the complete database or parts of it. I develop an mix of all possibilities; it is possible to send an complete database with email and the app is able to receive this email without user intervention. I also used FTS4 (full text search) in Sqlite, for me its a very hot feature!
How big is your app on disc; did anybody come to a border in size, which made problems?

Marke

Licensed User
Longtime User
snapshot of data (extracted by vb.net) is sent to our ftp site from hq around 1am then tablet searches for new update on same site. App is around 8mb, could get this smaller but as this is v1 then plenty of other things to tweak also. Database is varied depending on who is using but average size is 20mb.

marciosouza

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I am reading your post and found it very interesting .. Would you like download, view and test the code, but I'm not finding the link, you can provide me please?

marciosouza

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you provide the code for me to use as an example in the application I'm developing ? I use it in Brazil and will not harm you at all in your business or work.

Marke

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, sorry for very late reply. I am not doing much with b4a at the moment, so do not look at community much. However this app was created for a specific business and source code is unavailable. Sorry