Android Question Button down problem

Devv

Licensed User
Why button down sub is launched two time when i hold the button down then release it ?

B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
    'Do not forget to load the layout file created with the visual designer. For example:
    Activity.LoadLayout("main")
End Sub

Sub Activity_Resume

End Sub

Sub Activity_Pause (UserClosed As Boolean)

End Sub

Sub Button2_Down
    vib.Vibrate(100)
End Sub

the phone will vibrate 2 times why ?

Devv

Licensed User
Use Button2_Click !!!!!

The _down event fires permanent while the button is pressed.
i tried this on 2 devices , it will not "fires permanent while the button is pressed" it only fires 2 times.
please try attached code on your device and let me know

Attachments

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
On my Sony xperia z1 the Down event is also fired two times.
What exactly do you expect from the Down event ?
I don't think that it will fire 'permanently'.
In my mind it should fire once when the Button is pressed and when the Button is released Button_Up fires once.
If you want the Button to fire in time intervals as long as the Button is pressed you could do it with a Timer.
Enable the Timer in Button_Down and disable it in Button_Up and call your routine in Timer_Tick.
From what I've seen is that when you press the button Button_Down is fired, then Button_Up is fired and when you leave the button pressed Button_Down is fired a seond time and Button_Up is fired again when you release the button.

hogiebaer

Licensed User
Hi Devv,

i seems i have missunderstood the _down event from buttons.
The "normal planned" function of the _down event is to fire ONCE you pressed.
And the _up event don't work properly on my device

Sorry

hogiebaer

Licensed User
Hi Klaus,

it's very strange. i have test :

B4X:
Sub Button1_Down
  nn1=nn1+1
  Button1.text="DownCount="&nn1&"  UpCount="&nn2
End Sub

Sub Button1_Up
  nn2=nn2+1
  Button1.text="DownCount="&nn1&"  UpCount="&nn2
End Sub
The result is strange. If you press the button and hold , both! Counter are increased 2times:eek::confused:
And if you release the button, only 1 time in _UP Event

Devv

Licensed User
On my Sony xperia z1 the Down event is also fired two times.
What exactly do you expect from the Down event ?
I don't think that it will fire 'permanently'.
In my mind it should fire once when the Button is pressed and when the Button is released Button_Up fires once.
If you want the Button to fire in time intervals as long as the Button is pressed you could do it with a Timer.
Enable the Timer in Button_Down and disable it in Button_Up and call your routine in Timer_Tick.
From what I've seen is that when you press the button Button_Down is fired, then Button_Up is fired and when you leave the button pressed Button_Down is fired a seond time and Button_Up is fired again when you release the button.
"In my mind it should fire once when the Button is pressed and when the Button is released Button_Up fires once."
i expected this also , but it is not acting like this , should i write about this in bugs section ?

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
I am not sure if it is the 'normal' behaviour from the Android point of view or if it is a B4A problem.
Erel, could you give your point of view.
@hogiebaer
On my device both events are fired once or twice.
Once each with short press and twice each with a long press.