Buy B4A, B4I question.

IamTrying

Licensed User
Before license purchase i have two query. I work on Macbook for Objective-C, C++11, Qt5, Java, Zend Framework, PureBasic, Terminal for BASH and maintaining random CentOS servers and only use windows when i needed IE Edge related projects or testing or using Visual Studio for .Net works

1. For me its more comfort to work from OSX.
Is there any way, to use the B4A and B4I in my OSX (without depending on Wine). Or i must have to have Windows OS ?

2. I will build apps for iOS and Android only with B4xx

Just tested Android which is working for me. but i am confused before purchase.

The price of iOS and Android together enterprise: 119 USD?

2CSufmg.png

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have something like Parallels Desktop, B4A and B4I work just fine in them. I did that for a long while, though at times it was a bit slow. That's not so much down to the apps, but to my MacBook Pro being from 2008, however. On a more up to date system, you should be able to use B4X in Parallels (or another virtualisation system) without any problems, though I'd recommend maxing out the memory on your Mac, too.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And for completeness: You can obviously also set up a separate Windows machine and connect to it using RDP from your Mac. (That's what I did, from my linux workstation.)

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
And for completeness: You can obviously also set up a separate Windows machine and connect to it using RDP from your Mac. (That's what I did, from my linux workstation.)

You can work with VM in linux with all B4X products, one interesting feature is that with B4J and B4J bridge you can compile in windows and test it inmediatly in Linux.