buy Basic4PPC

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, since B4Ppc lifetime is virtually over, ans that its support is at minimum, considering that there are still a few WinCE and WinMob based devices out there, you could consider a "take it as it is" status to it as provide it free, no support included

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, since B4Ppc lifetime is virtually over, ans that its support is at minimum, considering that there are still a few WinCE and WinMob based devices out there, you could consider a "take it as it is" status to it as provide it free, no support included

@Erel - I want this too. Would be a really neat way to see the beginnings of B4X.

Maybe even open source it since the B4PCC framework is essentially obsolete? (Obsolete when compared to the modern B4X framework.)

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a few Symbol barcode scanners I need to write an app for. and since they run Win CE 5.0, it WONT run VB6 apps. So PLEASE I need B4PPC!!!

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be nice to see B4WP as part of the B4X frenchise as some people wants to develope for Microsoft devices. Maybe you can spice up the old version as a new product and make it available for purchase?

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
... it would be nice to see a new born in the family B4X, maybe with the name B4W, but as Basic for the Web! I'm sure Erel will have already thought about this opportunity and I wonder if...;)

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
MaXim, that's allready possible with B4J and the available webserver libraries.

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ThRuST,

I meant a development environment (like B4x) that, after "the compilation", generates HTML5 pages with pure JavaScript without the use of other languages...:)

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
MaXim, I have read somewhere that you can generate FXML files to HTML pages so that might be of interest. After the success story of Dreamweaver many developers use that and I think that's possible that it also autogenerates Java-script code with all inbuildt functionality it offers. There's also sites available that offers splitscreen functions that displays HTML/CSS/JQuery/Java-script code on the fly. I am sure Erel is fully aware of this which means a new product that does the same thing is not higly priored, even if it would be nice for us who allready is a user of B4X, the challenge is to attract a wider consumer market in the exploated HTML field might be difficult.

mrred128

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a few Symbol barcode scanners I need to write an app for. and since they run Win CE 5.0, it WONT run VB6 apps. So PLEASE I need B4PPC!!!

Careful with this. The Symbol scanners I used to program had specially created forms to make them work. Even with the .net installed, you had to create the project from Motorola's wizard to have a functional project. The second wrench is the scanners don't implement all the sdk, and they don't tell you what they left out.