Can I disable "Audible Selection" sounds in my app?

rgrlee71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I just bought this software a few days ago and I am hooked!! I am a self taught VB 6.0 programmer and have been doing it for more than 10 years as a hobby. Needless to say Basic4Android has me pretty excited.

Now on to my question. I am converting a game called "code cracker" that I wrote in 2001. It basically brings Mastermind into the 21st century. It uses a keypad and a 4 digit seven-segment display instead of the colored balls. A 4 digit random code is chosen, then the player has to decipher it by entering guesses into the code panel. Each guess is logged into a "Data Recorder" which is another Activity in the app. The recorder logs each guess and gives a code analysis using lights. (which are visible from the keypad screen.) It keeps all entries in sequence and their light analysis during the game.

Green: Means a correct digit in a correct location
Yellow: Means a correct digit but not in the correct location
Red: Means a digit is not present in the code.

You use the data recorder and some reasoning skills to break the code in a set number of attempts.

Now onto the Question:

I use standard buttons for the keypad and my own sounds for the keypress. When "Audible Selection" is turned on in the phone sound settings, both sounds play. I want to be able to disable the phones audible selection sounds while my game is active. Otherwise if a user has audible selection turned off he'll hear nothing if I can't use my own sounds.

Is this possible? The game is about 75% finished, the double sounds are my last real hurdle.

:sign0085:

Attachments

• screenshot_000001.jpg
    screenshot_000001.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 226
  • screenshot_000002.jpg
    screenshot_000002.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

rgrlee71

Licensed User
Longtime User
I figured out a way around it by using the buttons "down" event instead of it's "click" event.

:sign0089:

Upvote 0

masky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Rglee71,

how did you do the 4 digit seven-segment display? By hand, or there is a special character?

Thank you.

Upvote 0