Android Question Can I do this with Base64

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gz7tnn, May 7, 2015.

1. gz7tnn

gz7tnn Member Licensed User

Hi all
    I am developing an app that reads QR codes. Currently the information in the QR is a formatted string that is then parsed into components for use in the app. What I want to do is have the string meaningless to anyone that scans the code with any other QR reader (basically different clients will have their own unique QR and I want to make it less likely that someone will replicate the string for the wrong purpose.)

What I am trying is to generate the QR string from a Base64 created string - I have done a VB program for that.
    Then create the QR code -- done
    But what I cannot find at the moment is how to take the scanned QR string (Base64) and convert it back to a string within the app.
    (my VB program can do this encode / decode cycle. I just cant find the right syntax in B4A.)

Can someone give me the way to convert a string that is 'Base64' back to my original string.
    It is more a nice to have feature than a must have but does add a degree of securuty.

thanks

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

Peter Simpson likes this.
  3. gz7tnn

gz7tnn Member Licensed User

Perfect - Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice