Android Question Can someone make the "In-App Update Library" usable with B4xPages?

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tested it and it works and there was no need for any changes.
Try attached example.
just change it to your package name and use your signing key

A problem: Using the TEST App above putting in a number of package names I was finding sometimes it worked and sometimes appeared to work with some odd results.
I finally realised it was updating with the second last version.
IE: An App, Version 9 is the current version in Play Store. If I set the VersionCode in the test App to 1 the App is updated to Version 8.
If I set the VersionCode in the test App to 8 it does not update.

The Test App is finding the previous version in the PlayStore, the code in real Apps apprears to have the same behaviour

Any clues? Have I done something wrong?

Regards Roger

Upvote 0

ArminKh1993

A problem: Using the TEST App above putting in a number of package names I was finding sometimes it worked and sometimes appeared to work with some odd results.
I finally realised it was updating with the second last version.
IE: An App, Version 9 is the current version in Play Store. If I set the VersionCode in the test App to 1 the App is updated to Version 8.
If I set the VersionCode in the test App to 8 it does not update.

The Test App is finding the previous version in the PlayStore, the code in real Apps apprears to have the same behaviour

Any clues? Have I done something wrong?

Regards Roger
install your test app with version code=1 on your phone, then open playstore and try to update your app
then check version code of updated app
it's maybe related to playstore cache

Upvote 0

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
  • When testing, make sure the Google Play cache is up to date by closing the Play Store App and then going back to the My Apps & Games tab before testing updates.

Thanks ArminKh, this sorted out the problem. Everything appears to be working as it should.

Regards Roger.

Upvote 0