Android Question Cards list contents displayed different from Visual Designer layout

Richard Goh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! I was trying to use card list example from
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/cards-list-with-customlistview.87720/. It's work fined until I change the card display format (as attached designer screen). When run the apps, the result objects position shown (as attached screen result) are displayed different from Visual Designer layout. There isn't any code to re-position or relocation of the display objects. Why the apps arranged the display at that format? Is the card view arrange the object by itself? Is B4XView rearrange the display? I had try to position it to others position and it's doesn't change as well. The images supposedly display horizontally at the bottom of the card but it's displayed vertically at the right edge of the card. I had lost many hours on troubleshooting on this problem. Any advice or suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cardview designer.PNG
    cardview designer.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 244
  • screen result.png
    screen result.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 237

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upload a small project which shows the issue.

Looks for me like an bad designed layoutfile (anchors not set correctly).

Additionally i´m pretty sure cardview_designer layoutfile does not match the layoutfile screen_result. I don´t see the objects moving to the right and are vertically assigned

Upvote 0

Richard Goh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I had resolved the screen problem by copy sample visual designer view card and modify the design from there. It's worked. But I don't know why my previous design doesn't take effect. Anyway thanks for the response and sorry for the trouble.
Thank you.

Upvote 0