Android Question Catch all notification 100% ....

js1234

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can catch every text notification on Android? Realy I need notification of one App only at moment... But I will filter specific App...!
Have anybody Code snippet for this example?

p.s.
Code can work only on higer version of Android if is harder to make on smaller versions

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I´n not sure it will work with higher versions of Android. Android is limiting the OS from year to year.

But as a start
Check NotificationListener.

Upvote 0

js1234

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that this example work only if MainApp is active ... if MainApp isn't active notifications are not captured.... or?

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that this example work only if MainApp is active ... if MainApp isn't active notifications are not captured.... or?
This example works fine because you can capture and filter notifications in the notification service - so it doesn't have to be in the active MainApp. What I do, is when I detect notification from a certain app (based on the package name) I send a notification (using NB6) so I can see it on the lock screen.
You capture the notification in Sub Listener_NotificationPosted, and you can also detect if it was cancelled by the user in Sub Listener_NotificationRemoved.

Upvote 0