iOS Question Cert request created by b4i gives a response of invalid request when trying to create a certificate

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just done the new multifactor security measures via the iphone that Apple required to approve the new distribution agereements.
When I then went into my certificates they where gone and I have to crete a new.
(The iphone device was still in its list and the old identifiers and profiles still present in their lists. But no certificates or keys.)

To be sure I created a new keystore using b4i and that created a new certificate signing request.
However when I upload it it comes up as invalid.

I also tried to create a request on my very old Mac. This is what I have been doing so far and last time last year. But it also comes up as invalid.
I see in the Create Developer ID Certificate instructions on the Apple site that they have changed somewhat, and that is not available on my Mac.

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I followed the tutorial to the dot including creating a new key folder to be sure nothing old interfered.
I had already the device registered and a number of identfiers.
My version of b4i is 5.80 Is there a newer version with relevant changes in it?

Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since b4i didn't have a new version I thought it might be Java and updated to JDK 12.0.2
Made no difference.

Left name, organisation and country as Unknown when creating the cert signing request.

The cert option I select is:
iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc)
Sign your iOS app for submission to the App Store or for Ad Hoc distribution.

Attached is a file with a snip of the reject message, as requested.

Attachments

• keyreject2.PNG
    keyreject2.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved.
I went through all the questions/answers in the tutorial thread and found one that thought there might be problems with certain browsers.
I was using Microsoft Edge and tried it on Google Chrome instead and it worked. Strange for everythng else works fine on the Apple site when using Edge.

At the time I was trying with a cert request with full name, organisational name and correct country code instead of Unknown.
(It made no difference using Microsoft Edge)
Will not using Unknown create a problem later ?

Upvote 0