Android Question Certificate conflict

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
First of all hi guys, it's been a while. I recently updated one of my apps using b4a version 7.30. all went fine until I went to load it to a test device in release mode. I get a certificate error and it wants to uninstall the app and re-install the new version. This is a huge problem because it will wipe out all of the users stored data.

Not long ago I lost a hard drive and had to re-install everything. During that process I grabbed the keystore file from a backup and threw it into the b4a main directory thinking everything would be right with the world. I found a thread about this problem on debugging apps and have grabbed that debug file that Erel posted.

The release file problem has to have some solution or my most popular app is gonna be dead. BTW the date of the original keystore file is from 2011, so it is in fact my original. Help!

Thanks,

--- Jem

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Jem, long time not seen....

It isn´t helpful if you dont post the full error.

Maybe this helps:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...rivate-key-algorithm-is-not-compatible.87699/

BTW: Are you using the B4A SDK MAnager or are you using the old (deprecated) Android SDK Manager?

In case of the latter; i suggest to Update B4A o V8 and use the B4A SDKManager

Installation
See Video Tutorial
1. Java JDK v8
  • Open the Java 8 JDK download link.
  • Check the Accept License Agreement button.
  • Select "Windows x86 (32-bit) or Windows x64" in the platforms list.
  • Download the file and install it.
2. Android SDK
  • Download Android SDK command line tools.
  • Unzip it in a folder such as C:\Android
    SS-2017-12-20_12.11.19.png
3. B4A
  • Download B4A Trial Version
  • Open B4A.
  • Choose Tools > Configure Paths.
  • Set the path to "javac.exe" if it is empty (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_102\bin\javac.exe).
  • Click on Open Sdk Manager button.
  • Set the path to "sdkmanager.bat" (C:\Android\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat) and install all recommended items.
  • Read and accept the licenses when asked for.
  • Return to B4A and set the path to "android.jar" (C:\Android\platforms\android-27\android.jar).

Last edited:
Upvote 0