Android Question Certificate problems.

Hccsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I always uploaded APK apps without problems to Play Store but last week I tried to upload a new one and saw the new Bundle packaging system. I checked the forum and compiled a Bundle with my old certificate, but when I uploaded it I got an RSA certificate error. I searched for more information and saw several posts where it explained how to create it, but I have not been able to get it to work.

-With the certificate that I have used all these years I created the APK, but when I created the bundle and tried to upload it I got an RSA certificate error.
-With the certificate created from B4A and the one created from the CMD directly in Java (jdk1.8.0_301) it works when I create the APK, but it gives the following error when compiling the bundle: jarsigner error: java.security.SignatureException: private key algorithm is not compatible with signature algorithm

And finally, when I follow the steps in the forum, download the PEPK and generate the output.zip file after asking me for the two passwords, Google Play shows me the following error "It seems that this file is not a valid zip file".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Create de Bundle: jarsigner error: java.security.SignatureException: private key algorithm is not compatible with signature algorithm
Sounds like you are using an old and outdated SDK.

If so: Delete your current SDK and install a new one based on the exact steps in https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Upvote 1

Hccsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

Yes, is a new app.

With B4A 11.20
Create new Key (name, country, business and password) ->OK
Compile in Release mode the APK ->OK
Create de Bundle: jarsigner error: java.security.SignatureException: private key algorithm is not compatible with signature algorithm

Upvote 0

Hccsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds like you are using an old and outdated SDK.

If so: Delete your current SDK and install a new one based on the exact steps in https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
Yes! Now I can create and sign the Bundle! Thank you DonMandred!

I tried to upload it with my old key and now it won't let me upload it. I suppose that I have to delete the data from the Play Console and create the application again in the Play Console to be able to upload it?

Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Make sure it is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your app bundle should be signed with a certificate that has the fingerprint

Upvote 0