Change Control positions and sizes after compile.

burd27

Licensed User
Hi all,

I am writing a program that contains a lot of text boxes, combo boxes, etc. on the display. When compiled on the old v5.80 all was fine, but now when I compile it using v6.01 (Optimized), the compile process says that it is all okay, BUT, when I run it on my device (Dell Axim X51v) some of the text box sizes have changed and the entire screen contents is all over the top of each other in the top left hand corner of the screen.

If I compile in Standard mode, all is okay (apart from loosing the advantages of v6.01 / .Net 2.0). I suspect that it may have something to do with the Axim X51v having a VGA screen that .Net 2.0 doesn't handle or that requires an extra file.

I'm on a steep learning curve at the moment, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Burd

D

Deleted member 103

Hello,
I have the same problem.

Setting the screen at 640x320 is no problem, but I have 17 forms in my application and all I need now controls change in the size of a position.:sign0148:

Ciao,
Filippo

burd27

Licensed User
Tried resizing screen but that revealled more problems

Erel,
I tried resizing the screen to accommodate the VGA fo .Net2. In some respects that helped (once I resized the controls and moved them, etc.), but I am unable to make it work as there seems to be a lack of correlation between the control sizes and the font size that is set for that control.

A good example is a Calendar box. Setting the font size to eg. 8, make the calendar date show okay, but when you drop down to reveal the month, etc., all the days are mingled in with each other as it appears to be a much larger font size. I am having similar problems with text boxes, buttons, etc.

In addition to this, the screen layout on the desktop appears very differently on the device. Therefore the only way that I could position a control correctly (both size and position) is to compile, load to device and check. This process I have done over and over and over, until I gave up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Burd27

Put Claude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

same resolution problem, I posted it already, so I have to stay in NET1, also for the serial troubles I have to stay in NET1... ;-)

Put Claude Belgium

Last edited:

burd27

Licensed User
Further observations

Thanks Erel for your reply.

Yes I have settled that at least for the moment .Net 1 will have to suffice....:(
Although I was looking forward to making full use of the VGA display.

Further to my previous post, what I have noticed (using the Calendar example again) is that when setting the font size of the Calendar Control, it would automatically set the Height of the control (width is user variable) - all this as per normal. However, on the device, when you select the Calendar so that it drops down the box showing a month at a time, the font size for the box appears too big so all the day numbers are over the top of each other, etc. This I also mentioned in my previous post, but what I have realised since then is that it is NOT that the numbers (font) are too big, but rather that the drop down box is too small to fit the numbers.

Erel, whatever parameters you have set for the controls when automatically sizing the controls, it appears that when you make the change to the VGA screen size, only the font actually increases, but not the Control Size.

Is this a modifiable parameter of B4P or is it tied up in .Net2?

Cheers,

Burd27

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Except of the Calendar control which is a custom control everything is done by the OS.
The Calendar is currently not applicable to VGA screens in optimized compilation.

As I wrote in another thread, you could use .Net 2.0 but not the optimized compilation.
You could see the Tetris example for a simple way of handling most controls with a VGA screen: http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470

Standa

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem with calendar right now. Is planned fixed calendar for VGA devices in future versions of B4PPC?

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel Hi, I have now also the Calendar VGA problem, there is already a solution?

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, until when you can about the next version expected?

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel Hi, I have the solution for my problem, Filipos fgcontrol works perfectly in VGA.

:sign0060:

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel Hi, I have the solution for my problem, Filipos fgcontrol works perfectly in VGA.

:sign0060:

Filipos Control works in VGA, but it is unfortunately not
Finger-friendly, since you just click on the arrow must be at the calendar
displayed.
I'm waiting now on the update from Erel