Android Question checking quality of internet connection

Stern0m1

Licensed User
Trying to build an app that sends a command to an esp8266 over a local connection, no internet.
My app connects to the esp8266 sends a command and then disconnects.
Im having an issue that when the app connects the android phone insists on first checking the quality of the internet, which takes a significant amount. I cant send a command untill it finishes checking.
Is there anyway for me to disable that check? Or better is there a way when connecting in code to tell it pls don't bother checking the internet connection?
Disabling smart network switch doesnt help.

Thanks.

Stern0m1

Licensed User
In my scenario the esp is not connected to the internet. Im using it just as a microcontroller. Just some microcontroller based device. I would like to use an app like a remote.

If there devices that would automatically route over the internet, i think its a serious flaw in the android design. There are many scenarios i imagine that would involve connecting without internet. A simple ip camera on a local network.
There must be a way... Im pretty sure i came across apps that connect without internet, although i cant think of one right now.

Upvote 0

Stern0m1

Licensed User
Sometime it checks sometimes it doesn't I cant figure out what it depends on seems total random. same phone. same esp. Any ideas?

Upvote 0