Android Question choose file without listen file automatically

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by fifiddu70, Mar 30, 2015.

1. fifiddu70

fifiddu70 Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hello everyone , I'm making an mp3 player , and I have to create a button for the selection of mp3 inside the phone , I used the method content chooser , then : CC.Show ( " audio / * " , "Choose audio file " ) after you press the button, the application asks me how app open for the choice of the song , for example, I choose using music player , just choose the app and once I press on the song , the song goes automatically into play making me listen the song , I would not listen to the song automatically but who does the choice , so start the music directly from my player by pressing the play button , how do I do this ? or there is an alternative method to the content chooser , which makes me just choose mp3 files without it went into play automatically .

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The expected behavior when you call CC.Show is that the external app will return a file (or resource). The external app shouldn't play it.
    The intent is created with ACTION_GET_CONTENT action.

Seems like the external app you chose doesn't handle this intent correctly.

3. fifiddu70

fifiddu70 Well-Known Member Licensed User

and what do you recommend Erel ?

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Not sure. Maybe you will get better results with a */* mime type.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice