Android Question Cloud Database SQL

Devan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,
Im planning to subscribe cloud base SQL Database to store my app database information.
Not only that as the user update the database on the device late im planning to update that data into the cloud base SQL server. Later what im planning to do is other users to access this information for reports and analysis purpose.
I have google and found out there is Google SQL CLOUD and also Microsoft Azure. Also others service providers.
Google SQL cloud enable Mobile App development via EClipse.

My Question as below:
1. Which Cloud Base Storage is Safe, Reasonable pricing, Reliable for future expansion, compatibility or works well with B4A platform Mobile Applications and also with Desktop program.
2. Any 1 using Cloud base SQL Database for your application? if yes pls share your advice & Experience.
3. Which Cloud Base SQL Database storage is recommended by B4A? and Why
4. Since Google Cloud supports Eclipse. Does this will cause any problem for B4A applications.

Thank you for your Valuable Time & Contribution.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I take it that you're talking about this https://cloud.google.com/sql. Well security wise Google are pretty hot on that side of things, and yes it's very reliable. You can easily use libraries like DonManfreds MSMariaDB with the above storage solution. I personally have bespoke customer stock controlled apps working great and their databases are held online too. I have my own server so all my customer databases are held on my server. You could either pay Google or a server like that, or do what I do and have myown server. In your case you could go for a third option and get a shared server of some sort via a hosting company. Connecting MySQL to online databases is very easy indeed and their are plenty of solution on this community showing you how that can be achieved.

My personal MySQL connection solution of choice is this one https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...adb-another-connector-to-mysql.50732/#content, but that's my personal choice.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just had a look at that Google Cloud SQL pricing table.

it's rather expensive compared to normal hosting packages (which can be get for free if you want) and I don't really see a benefit for using it?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's rather expensive compared to normal hosting packages (which can be get for free if you want)
Free hosters USUALLY dont allow access to their datbases from outside.
I pay 10,-Euro/Month for my Hosting which allows access from Outside to the Database(s)

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I pay 30/year and asked to open the firewall ports for remote access. (although I write most queries manually in phpMyAdmin)

Upvote 0

Devan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you guys, really appreciate your advice. :). Have a good day.

Upvote 0