B4J Question Coding in B4J to build app that will run on Mac OS X desktop

Indic Software

Licensed User
Hello,

I have never used B4J practically.

I have received a set requirements that want to develop a billing software that should run on Windows as well as Mac OS X (as the owner of business uses Mac Book Air).

Would it be practically possible to use B4J for such a task?

I also want to know if there are any printing libraries that would make it easy for one to print well formatted Bills with company's logo, tag line, bill total in figures and words, etc.?

Regards,

Yogesh

Tayfur

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have never used B4J practically.

I have received a set requirements that want to develop a billing software that should run on Windows as well as Mac OS X (as the owner of business uses Mac Book Air).

Would it be practically possible to use B4J for such a task?

I also want to know if there are any printing libraries that would make it easy for one to print well formatted Bills with company's logo, tag line, bill total in figures and words, etc.?

Regards,

Yogesh

for all printer functions
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4j-print-javafx8.49836/#content

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that should run on Windows as well as Mac OS X
B4J produces a *.jar file which you can run on any device where a JVM is installed; this as a general consideration.
Obviously, if in your code you deploy something OS-specific than you have to code it in a way that it works on the intented platforms. As an example, a recursive search in the file system should take in account how this is done on Windows/Mac/Linux..etc

Upvote 0