Combobox

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by ceaser, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ceaser

ceaser Active Member Licensed User

Hi

Why can I not on the handheld put values in the combobox?:sign0148:

Running the program in it's "test" mode on the PC, it works fine. But as soon as I compile the program and load it to my handheld I cannot enter any values in the combobox.

What I am trying to do is that when the program loads the form it first checks whether there are any entries (which are stored in a database) and if so lists them in the combobox.

Next I would like to add new values, but the stake value must be able to be entered by the user.....in this case in the combobox.

Thanks
    Michael

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

I'm NOT absolutly sure, but i remember that this seems to be the default behaviour in the device...
    My recomendation is to put a textbox on Top of the ComboBox, along with a small icon/image to suggest the "add" option.
    Then make the textbox Visible/BringToFront as necessary..

3. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Hi Michael,

I have always used a TextBox and a Button to add values to a ComboBox, even in VB.
    I had a closer look at your question and effectively on the device the Text parameter has no effect, even it should according to the MS documetation. I tried also with the Door library, it works on the desktop but not on the device.

Best regards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice