Android Question Communication between Database on a PC and a Mobile Device, SMB and others.

Javier Donayre

Licensed User
Hello, I'm trying to communicate my mobile between my computer, so that the device can get data from a Microsoft Access File, I've tried to use SMB but I couldnt get the file into the device, therefore i can't use the library Jackcess to modify the database. Is there another way to directly modify a file on a computer from my tablet without copying the whole file into the memory? If not, how do I properly use the SMB library, I've already read the tutorial.

The image attached is how I want the data base to look like but filled with the Access data. Thank you.

Attachments

• MonitoreoActividades.png
    MonitoreoActividades.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 192

Javier Donayre

Licensed User
Thank you! I configured the RDC but still i cant get the file, or read it, is the code ok? or should i do more steps?

B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
    'Do not forget to load the layout file created with the visual designer. For example:
    'Activity.LoadLayout("Layout1")
    If FirstTime Then
        SMB1.Initialize("SMB1")
    End If
'        You will have to edit the following to suit your system, but they all work OK on my system
    SMB1.ListFiles("smb:/192.168.0.17/Users/MesSIGMA/Desktop", "")
    SMB1.DownloadFile("smb://192.168.0.17/Users/MesSIGMA/Desktop/", "TestFile.txt", File.DirRootExternal, "TestFile.txt")
End Sub

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are confusing server side database changes and devices site database changes.

(j)RDC is running on the server and connecting to the Database on the server.
You do not need SMB to connect to the Database. Connect to RDC and get the data from it.

See RDC tutorial

Upvote 0