Communication to a Widget

rodmcm

Licensed User
I am developing a widget that I want to sell commercially. Doesn't do much really, a few sensors sending information every 250mS or so.

This means comms to IOS and Android phones without a local router connection ( in the wild)

The problem is that depending on the model of the users Android and IPhone you don't always get BLE.

And as I understand it there is no access to Bluetooth classic for send and receive only (pairing by cellphone) via B4i developed apps. I would be pleased to be corrected on this!

So it seems to me that the only universal solution is WIFI in an ad hoc mode (AP). Would be interested in others thoughts on this. If I could do send and recieve with Bluetooth classic then this is another universal option.

Would also be interested in a suggestions for a standalone wifi module to go into a commercial product. Preferably serial interface to my MCU for both setup and transmission. An ESP32 is a choice but at 160mA will cut through batteries....

rodmcm

Licensed User
Not all phones have it... My 2017 Huawei T3 android doesn't support it and neither does an older iPhone I have