Comparative B4X

Radisk3

Licensed User
Hello guys,

Can you indicate some site that was done a comparative tool B4A, B4i or B4X with other tools such as RAD Studio, Ionic, etc?
I need the information for a scholarly work.

Radisk3

Licensed User
Nothing compares to B4X, it is in a league of its own and the rest can just try to keep up with it :p

Hello!

That's a great answer!
However I will not be able to use it as parameter in my article.
Asked for some evidence already exists other IDE for Android development and iOS.

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have used many Windev desktop and Windev mobile when I had a problem the answer more complicated its resolution, I knew B4x by a friend who is no longer, was his legacy and I plan to continue for many years.-

D

Deleted member 103

Hello guys,

Can you indicate some site that was done a comparative tool B4A, B4i or B4X with other tools such as RAD Studio, Ionic, etc?
I need the information for a scholarly work.

Here is a small comparison B4a and for example Android-Studio.
I've tried a couple of times to install Android Studio and do some programming.
Installation B4a = 1 minute (and that is exaggerated, it's faster)
Installation Android Studio = about 30 minutes (with fast internet connection about 100 MBIT / s)
First app with B4a, for example "Hello Word" and a button = 1 minute :)
First App with Android Studio = try after 2 hours, I gave it up. :(

npsonic

Licensed User
Hello!

That's a great answer!
However I will not be able to use it as parameter in my article.
Asked for some evidence already exists other IDE for Android development and iOS.
The thing is that if you really want to write article about B4X you must do some testing your self or hire someone else to do them.
Compare it to multiple other tools if no one ever do this there will never be compare between other B4X and the others. I don't know even one developer who even knows that B4A or B4J exists. I didn't know my self that B4A exists few years ago.
I learned it from company where I do some web development jobs. B4A is still small unknown project if compared to almost any other IDE and I'm afraid that it will never be anything else if B4A doesn't start to get more momentum and visibility.

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
The B4X tools are so good that even, it's scary that my competition knows ... But I would like to see this beautiful company grow more and more as "AnyWhere Software".

Radisk3

Licensed User
Here is a small comparison B4a and for example Android-Studio.
I've tried a couple of times to install Android Studio and do some programming.
Installation B4a = 1 minute (and that is exaggerated, it's faster)
Installation Android Studio = about 30 minutes (with fast internet connection about 100 MBIT / s)
First app with B4a, for example "Hello Word" and a button = 1 minute :)
First App with Android Studio = try after 2 hours, I gave it up. :(

I fully agree with you,
I managed the feat of developing some apps with Android Studio but the amount of termpo and energy to do work is far superior to any other IDE I've ever used.
With this tool you do not have nor comparison.

Radisk3

Licensed User
The thing is that if you really want to write article about B4X you must do some testing your self or hire someone else to do them.
Compare it to multiple other tools if no one ever do this there will never be compare between other B4X and the others. I don't know even one developer who even knows that B4A or B4J exists. I didn't know my self that B4A exists few years ago.
I learned it from company where I do some web development jobs. B4A is still small unknown project if compared to almost any other IDE and I'm afraid that it will never be anything else if B4A doesn't start to get more momentum and visibility.

It is precisely this that I'm starting to do.
I've already written a small article about the tool for the university.
I have a work more extensive in conclusion.
And recently I posted another to try to publish in an event at the university.
In my country, Brazil, I am trying to make the tool known. It depends also on us!

Thank you for your cooperation

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw this link time ago. it’s more a brief description with some tips about different IDE’s, but they talk about B4A.
It’s in spanish, but probably you will understand the most of it if you are brasillian. If you need help with some translation...

https://tekzup.com/7-plataformas-diferentes-desarrollar-android-apps/

No need, just do what I do for all websites not tritten in my native language.

Go to Google translate website and paste the URL into where you would usually types your text (the left hand box). Now click on the link on the opposite side, Google translates the whole webpage for you to read in your native language.

Radisk3

Licensed User
I saw this link time ago. it’s more a brief description with some tips about different IDE’s, but they talk about B4A.
It’s in spanish, but probably you will understand the most of it if you are brasillian. If you need help with some translation...

https://tekzup.com/7-plataformas-diferentes-desarrollar-android-apps/

Excellent!
Liked the material.
In it there is a link for that matter.
https://www.androidauthority.com/10...s-and-methods-for-making-android-apps-701584/
That, as well as what you have sent, you have information very interesting on the subject.

Thank you