iOS Question Compile error - B4iProject-info.plist not found

Hilton

Licensed User
Hi Folks,

I have been compiling and testing during my learning b4i. I have compiled my test app as well as the Charts and SideMenu(downloaded).

I then decided, based on what I had learned, to start a new project. I tried to compile it and it failed. I then went back and tried compiling the Charts app and it also failed. The error line reads:

error: could not read data from '/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aaa/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist': The file “B4iProject-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Have I done anything strange(read stupid) to cause this?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hilton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hilton

Licensed User
Try to delete the aeadrya folder and then compile again.
Thanks for the prompt reply, however, I do not know where to find that aaa folder. I searched my computer but no such folder was found.

Hilton

Licensed User
It is located on your mac: /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aaa
I am not using a Mac. I am using the hosted service you provide on a Windows 7 pc. That directory does not exist. It has existed in the past as I have checked in Administrator properties-Previous versions and can see it. It seems that the directory is not being written to anymore.
I am not quite sure what to do now. I must confess to being a little confused by the process, however, I am sure it will end well.

Sorry, one extra question:
What is the format of the package name in Project/Build configurations?
My apple name is 'myapps' id is '*' so I have named the package myapps.b4i.myassistant
'myassistant' being the appname. Is that correct?

Thanks Hilton

Hilton

Licensed User
Does this error happen every time? Can you upload your project (or send it to me by mail)?

If the id is * then you can set the package name to be whatever you like.
To answer your question: Yes it happened every time when I compiled my app. When I compiled Sidemenu example, it complained about non matching data in the provisioning file - but I could not find anything wrong with the apple stuff - I went thru the process again just in case but to no avail.

I installed b4i v1.21 and rebuilt the bridge and compiled the SideMenu example and it seems to be working again! I then compiled my app and it also compiled ok.

A bit strange, but thanks for your time and prompt replies and I shall continue with my learning.

Hilton.

David Martinez

Licensed User
I am also getting this same error. The first test project I tried seemed to work fine. I tried loading the PageViewController app and Klaus's SQLite3 app. Both gave me the error below. I tried creating a quick project from scratch again since the first one worked but it will not work as well. I tried deleting the project directory as instructed above but that didn't work. I just purchased B4i a few days ago and the build server is working well so I should have the latest version of everything. Please help

B4i version: 2.51
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.03s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.71s)
Building Xcode project (0.02s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = i386
CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED = NO
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
PRODUCT_NAME = Test App 1
SDKROOT = iphonesimulator9.3

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies

Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app

ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
cd /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphonesimulator -o /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/Info.plist
error: could not read data from '/Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist': The file “B4iProject-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/Test\ App\ 1.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
(1 failure)

David Martinez

Licensed User
Might be related to the product name. Try to create a new project without spaces and see whether it works.
Well I loaded the two test projects from you and Klaus and never changed the product name so I don't see how that could help but I will try it tonight. Thanks

Last edited:

David Martinez

Licensed User
Removed spaces of product name. Please see error below:

B4i version: 2.51
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.08s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.72s)
Building Xcode project (0.02s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = i386
CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED = NO
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
PRODUCT_NAME = TestExample
SDKROOT = iphonesimulator9.3

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies

Write auxiliary files
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/i386/TestExample.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-all-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-own-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-project-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/TestExample-generated-files.hmap

Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/TestExample.app

ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/TestExample.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
cd /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/TestExample.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphonesimulator -o /Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/TestExample.app/Info.plist
error: could not read data from '/Users/USER/Desktop/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist': The file “B4iProject-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/TestExample.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
(1 failure)

David Martinez

Licensed User
Ok..I got all projects to run. This is what I found...

There is a cert file in the Libs directory that is dynamically created when the build server is run named AppleWWDRCA.cer. This file is also included in the builderserver zip file that I was sent. As a test, I copied all the files over to the dynamically created Libs folder except the cert file. Everything began working. I don't understand this but maybe someone can explain this to assist other developers during installation. I hope everything keeps working.

Great example projects BTW...thanks Erel, Klaus and everyone for these great samples you provide. They really help. Thanks also for the great support as usual.

Attachments

Last edited: