Android Tutorial Completely new to Visual Basic language - How should I proceed?

Hi guys. I'm thinking about stat coding for android using Basic4Android but I've never even saw a code in Visual Basic.

I do code in C/C++, PHP.

How should I proceed? Should I just dive in the B4A language, using the tutorials or should I get a book in VB and start there?

Any input is welcome!

Cheers!

Penko

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do not get a VB book as you may be confused by the differences between VB6 and Basic4Android. They are just few but enough to scramble things for you.

Do what @mc73 has told you - read Klaus's beginner guide. Klaus is very good at writing and he has explained everything in details.

VB6 is much simpler in syntax than C and PHP but "slightly" different. It's worth the investment in B4A as it really increases the development speed.

I am not affiliated with the author, I am just a satisfied user.

cdonate

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll do that.

I was thinking about writing an app using Adobe ActionScript3, but since the app has to use Bluetooth and Adobe's mobile platform does not support it directly I changed my mind.

And, learning java was really my last resource.

Just to be sure, using B4A, am I able to write an app that gets the accelerometer input and send it, using bluetooth, in text form to a BT module connected to a prototyping board like arduino or mbed?

The bluetooth is fully able to use these stack profiles:

Embedded Bluetooth stack profiles included
(requires no host stack): GAP, SDP,
RFCOMM and L2CAP protocols, with SPP
and DUN profile support.

Thanks!