Complex Network Library Example

aerohost

Licensed User
Hi, I'm studying the documentation for the Network Library, and it says "Another, more complex example is available on Basic4ppc site."

But, I don't see it anywhere - does anyone know where it is?

Tks, Adrian

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From the Downloads section of Basic4PPc web site:

Chit - Chat - A chat room example. Allows 2 or more users to chat using a network connection.
FileTransfer - Example of using the Network library to transfer files between two computers.

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ AGraham

I had your network example working from my Vista Laptop to 2 of my PPc's, now it's stopped working.

The laptop sees Wifi connections, :confused:
So do the PPc's

Was there a post about Port 60000 or 50000 for Wifi as apposed to ActiveSync ?

Or was that a 'Google' I did and now can't remember what I did to get it working.

No rush for a reply.
I'm currently exploring Bluetooth to Microchip connections via B4ppc based on this thread.

http://www.b4x.com/forum/share-your-creations/2525-view-some-basic4ppc-programming-examples.html

I've not got the Athena chip, so I'm scratching my head a bit trying to code pure Microchip ASM :sign0137:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Was there a post about Port 60000 or 50000 for Wifi as apposed to ActiveSync
The Port number is irrelevant, WiFi is a link-level protocol way below the Port/Socket level. I assume that you have a WiFi router. If your devices and PC can access the Internet they should be able to talk to each other. Try using IP addresses and not names to communicate, name resolution is the most likely problem.

aerohost

Licensed User
Hi Folks, thanks so much for the great response to my question! It was very helpful ...

Regards, Adrian