Complex Network Library Example

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by aerohost, Jun 28, 2008.

1. aerohost

aerohost Member Licensed User

Hi, I'm studying the documentation for the Network Library, and it says "Another, more complex example is available on Basic4ppc site."

But, I don't see it anywhere - does anyone know where it is?

Tks, Adrian

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

From the Downloads section of Basic4PPc web site:

3. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

4. taximania

taximania Well-Known Member Licensed User

@ AGraham

I had your network example working from my Vista Laptop to 2 of my PPc's, now it's stopped working.

The laptop sees Wifi connections, :confused:
    So do the PPc's

Was there a post about Port 60000 or 50000 for Wifi as apposed to ActiveSync ?

Or was that a 'Google' I did and now can't remember what I did to get it working.

No rush for a reply.
    I'm currently exploring Bluetooth to Microchip connections via B4ppc based on this thread.

http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/share-your-creations/2525-view-some-basic4ppc-programming-examples.html

I've not got the Athena chip, so I'm scratching my head a bit trying to code pure Microchip ASM :sign0137:

5. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

The Port number is irrelevant, WiFi is a link-level protocol way below the Port/Socket level. I assume that you have a WiFi router. If your devices and PC can access the Internet they should be able to talk to each other. Try using IP addresses and not names to communicate, name resolution is the most likely problem.

6. aerohost

aerohost Member Licensed User

Hi Folks, thanks so much for the great response to my question! It was very helpful ...

Regards, Adrian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice