Condolences to our French fellow members.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Indeed...
Theses kind of things should never take place in a so-called moderna world. Still se must strive to remenber that they are individuais, and not a culture... They are common criminals, and not some god sent warriors.
All of France stand United to make clear to the world that freedom of speech will not be touched by the event.
Since i arrived here, i never saw myself as an expat... And never felt myself French as i do this week.

God bless the journalism family and all law enforcers

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Still se must strive to remenber that they are individuais, and not a culture... They are common criminals, and not some god sent warriors.
The problem is that the world refer to these people like you said, and since these are individuals, criminals - nothing should be done about it.
Until governments take action to eliminate the education that goes on towards doing these crimes, under the cover of free speech, they will increase in number and in horror.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there are still some dumb a$$e$ that post videos on youtube to claim that the shooting of that harmed cop is a hoax.

tell that to the families of those who died.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there are still some dumb a$$e$ that post videos on youtube to claim that the shooting of that harmed cop is a hoax.

tell that to the families of those who died.
Yesterday, when I was shopping, I heard a guy explaining to his wife why this brutal slaughter was a good thing ("they avenged the prophet"). His wife was horrified and was telling him he was a monster and that she wanted to leave. The discussion was very tense and loud. Everybody could hear them. This guy didn't look like a traditional muslim: no beard, no traditional dress, no religious sign... People around was shocked by what he said but the wife was telling him what anybody could tell to such a fool so one felt the need to intervene. It was so surrealistic to see a guy saying out loud that murdering people in the name of a god is a good thing.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
on a news site was written that some guy in india would give 1 million or something to those who killed these 12 people.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Its over. Both Charlie Hebdo attackers and the Porte de Vincennes hostage taker are now dead...
I only regret that the fact that they were killed by law enforcement officers makes them martyrs and in their lunatic minds that makes them heroes...
Freedom in its base was touched and left bleeding, but those who fight for her were present to defend it.

I believe in no god, I believe in myself and in my late grandfather...
I believe that we are all equal beneath our skin, and the only thing that makes us "different" is our ability to see the world and understand it differently from a fellow Human.

I... Am CHARLIE

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
some IS fella claimed these "actions" and said tomorrow UK & US will suffer from terroristic attacks.

it seems that the year didn't start too well.

I guess 15 is the unlucky number overthere.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All media outlets say the brothers made a big mistake by leaving an ID card in the car.. I think if they did one right thing then it was
that they left that card behind.
The media is encouraging others to do (the right thing) :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They acted like pros and made what some called noob errors...
At the end of the day, we are to remember the coldness with which they killed 17 persons. A Jewish elected deputy was talking about how the pro-apology guys will try to excuse these acts with "poor family backgrounds"... And how we must remember that these acts cannot be excused it no matter what way.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the sad thing in this story is that in one week life will be the same for all of us only the families of the victim will live with the pain for ever.

one more sad thing is that what informatix said above that the husband said that this killings where right because "they avenged the prophet" almost every muslim in the world will say the same...

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Arseholes! taking such a lovely religion in their names to commit such atrocities

arsholes!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...lovely religion..???? if its so lovley why thing like that happens again and again? someone said once not all muslems are terrorist but all terrorist are muslems...

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hesitated a long time before answering. Because I do not want my answer to be politics.
My opinion is that many French have denounced the change of behavior of a small minority of the population. Whenever governments have told them they were racists. But for those people who attend certain populations in France, it was obvious that there was a change in behavior of these "mad god". Modified and aggressive behavior, but again governments have ignored what the people told.
France is secular meaning that all origins and all religions are welcomed there. The French are not racists. And much of the immigrant population is not intolerant. But there are now terrorists in France. And if the current government does not meet the common people, the French will harden their position in elections.
That being said, I still feel French but my brain is now a little Portuguese. In Portugal, I have not yet felt the bitterness and violence in the eyes of some populations.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
idiots with guns do not represent beautiful religions

religions prevail, idiots get shot

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hesitated a long time before answering. Because I do not want my answer to be politics.
My opinion is that many French have denounced the change of behavior of a small minority of the population. Whenever governments have told them they were racists. But for those people who attend certain populations in France, it was obvious that there was a change in behavior of these "mad god". Modified and aggressive behavior, but again governments have ignored what the people told.
France is secular meaning that all origins and all religions are welcomed there. The French are not racists. And much of the immigrant population is not intolerant. But there are now terrorists in France. And if the current government does not meet the common people, the French will harden their position in elections.
That being said, I still feel French but my brain is now a little Portuguese. In Portugal, I have not yet felt the bitterness and violence in the eyes of some populations.
Its funny you said that... For me it was the other way around... Never felt myself as an " emigrante" but this week... I felt the pain that the French people endured...

Its not true that most muslems said this was a good thing, here, in France, the muslem community has a block condemned the act of these 3 criminals... Don't confuse the base religion with their radical wings...
We must remember that, not long ago, we Christians, burnt innocent people because they didn't believe that same we did, and refused to "convert"... We, Christians, have also commit atrocities in the name of our god...
Jihad and islamists are radicals, but every religion has their own...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
cable guy i dont agree with what you wrote
first i didnot hear any condemn from the muslem community in french, and if there was this is only politic. just ask the people from the street what they think if its correct to kill someone that make jokes about muhammed... (and tell us the response)

second, its true that the cristians also killed people because they didnot belive in jesus but not all religion did it like you wrote "..but every religion has their own..."

https://www .youtube.com/watch?v=ok89WOdz1PI
https://www .youtube.com/watch?v=8aBv8erNag8

EDIT: you can see lots of comments of those attacks in youtube, i just saw that some people say that the video of the killing of the police officer is FAKE...

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is an INTERNATIONAL forum with members from ALL over the world. Words may be easily misinterpreted. While this is the chitchat area of the forum, still please refrain from these kind of discussions (based upon religion, politics and so forth) and stay on topic.

When you signed up to this forum, you agreed to the forum rules and in particular to this:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

Please respect these rules and keep the forum amicably.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the discussion is healthy and objective, then I think people can take the fact that they come from different corners of the world, to their advantage.. there is a real problem facing humanity on this planet today and hiding our head in the sand wouldn't do good.
Put the mind in front and the self behind and the discussion will be fruitful.
What we are witnessing is a true clash of civilizations.. some 30 or 40 years ago, nations were safe and living relatively high level of peace.. in 1980 I walked with my guest
who was leaving the country, to the gate of international departure (the bridge to the plane) at JFK Airport. I had a Yashica camera and the security guard just looked through the lens and gave it back to me. Today you can't even reach the check-in hall without a valid ticket.
The reason is that communications and transportation facilities were very limited and nations (with their cultures) were in isolated islands. Now this Berlin Wall has fallen and people are able to move around so easily.. but moving only with their bodies and leaving their minds and hearts back home.. Now the clash starts and the guy on the video above who said that they will not integrate into the society and will preserve their identity, perfectly represent this problem. If a trans-planted organ couldn't integrate with the host body then the host body will reject it.. this law applies to individuals as well.. If you can't integrate then go back home.. simply like that.
This being said, I think all major three religions are the similar, may be Christianity is a little different.. Islam is basically built on Judaism, stoning for adultery, eye for eye and tooth for tooth, position of women (with varied degree).. may the difference is that Judaism don't kill to make people Jews because you can't be a Jew unless you are born into it. Spreading Islam by force is well documented, both in the Quran and in practice, some Muslims say Jihad was used for defense but I can hardly understand someone conquers Spain (in another continent) to defend himself. But if one reads texts from other religions then he will find similar commands to deal with peoples not in their religion.. except Christianity. The Jews were the first to abrogate (practically) any reference to violence against others. Muslims yet to follow.. in the Christians case who committed atrocities against other nations, they did that in clear defiance of Jesus teachings, when Muslims did the same in accordance with their teachings.
There are Muslim schools of thought today promoting the renewal of Islam to make all laws in accordance with today's universal standards of human rights and individual freedoms, by abrogating some of the Sharia Islamic laws and invoking Quranic text that promote equality and justice to all mankind. this means reviewing school textbooks
and missionary strategies.

p.s.
Not edited - pardon typos

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
'
'
'
'
'
<------

In the past there was a lot of Italian emigration in the US and in European Countries.

Probably (so to speak) many Italians were watching as suspected mobsters.

You should not make this mistake.

A Muslim is not a terrorist or violent. As well as an Italian is not a mobster, a German is not a Nazi, an American not launches daily atomic bombs, a Catholic priest is not a saint nor a pedophile.

I think that the Muslim terrorists who really act in the name of their Religion are very few: the majority of them acts for money (mercenaries).

Finally, tens of thousands of people and children are still dying today during bombings (mostly USA and their allies, like italian, french, ...) in many parts of the World, of many religions and nationalities. But this does not impress public opinion!