B4J Question Configure B4jPackager to allow access to StdOut

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to return data from a Packaged B4japp to a server using the shell and StdOut but this seems to be disabled on a standard packaged app. It does appear to work (at least to the windows command line) when running the app from the debug bat but that would introduce further problems to run it from the shell.

Does anyone know which of the opens or modules need to be added to the packagers json configuration file to get this to work? And also the required syntax would be useful.

I'm assuming it is not going to need all of those in the release_java_modules.txt file.

Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks

Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been getting totally lost trying to work out what the B4jPackager app actually does, so I went to plan B.

In case anybody else needs this, I Copied the run_debug.bat file, added @ echo Off to the first line, passed through the parameters to the calling line and removed the pause from the last line.
This works. It would be nice not to have to do this if it is possible to configure the Packager to allow passing back stdout.
B4X:
@Echo Off

cd bin
java.exe @release_java_modules.txt  -m b4j/com.stevel05.propercase.main %1 %2

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, that opens a cmd window and displays the output, but doesn't return it to the stdout of the shell call.

It did give me something to investigate, and apparently it is a fairly common question, to which the standard solution is to write the return values to a file. I am already doing this if the data passed is too large to pass with the shell arguments, so with that, and the work around batch file, it seems to be the most effective solution in this case..

Upvote 0