Android Question connect android device to esp directly

tango

Licensed User
Longtime User
there is 5 esp8266 device and one android device. i want to connect all only working esp devices one by one and send or get data. Bluetooth or wifi without network. Any advise?

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try searching the forums. There are plenty of threads on setting up ESP8266 wifi & connecting with Android devices.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

tango

Licensed User
Longtime User
friends. imagne that there are 10 or 20 arduino device at a room. And you have an android phone and when you enter to that room , your android device connect to all of working arduino devices from number 1 to 5 or 19 or 20 only working devices and get data from them. So best way with wifi or bluetooth? And i want to do it with only one button click. I need your advices.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it would be faster (for the user) to use wifi because bluetooth will probably require a discovery scan every time you enter the room. With wifi you could UDP broadcast the ID of each device & show a list to the user to select from. You'd still have to listen for the UDP broadcasts, but I think it would be much quicker than doing a bluetooth discovery scan.

One minor point - I don't think that with either bluetooth or wifi you will be able to connect to multiple devices simultaneously.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe you could store the data from all the modules in just one modulo then your Smartphone will read from one module.

Upvote 0