B4J Question Converting B4A to B4J ?

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by regwbr, Apr 29, 2015.

1. regwbr

regwbr Member Licensed User

Is there a listing somewhere of what the differences are? I know using javaFX and some of the differences with it. What about coding difference?

With my B4A code I do a StartActivity() to go to my next code module. What do I replace that with in B4J?

My next question is Android stacks screens on top of each other and B4A needs to back out of the stack for a clean exist. Does Java and B4J respond the same way?

I also downloaded the HowToTip tool and could not find any hits for my questions.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

3. regwbr

regwbr Member Licensed User

Erel

Thanks. I have already been through that and a number of other tutorials. I haven't found any yet that talk about how to change code from a B4A activity to a a B4J "something".

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

"Something" should be a static code module. B4J (and B4i) are more flexible. A static code module is equivalent to both service and activity.

B4J Form object is not really different than Button or String. You can have any number of forms in a single module. It is up to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice