Android Question Copy views from one app to another

Pacache

Hello Everyone, i recently discovered B4Xpages and i am trying to transfer all the designer views i had on my former application to B4Xpages designer. Of course i can copy them alright but none of them work because each view needs to be reinitialized. whatever i do ( generate them with the designer or write the reinitialization myself, nothing works, even when i change the name of the view if the view comes from the former application). Do i really have to restart all my views one by one or is there another way to do the job ( i have hundreds of them !). Thank you for your help.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Everyone, i recently discovered B4Xpages and i am trying to transfer all the designer views i had on my former application to B4Xpages designer. Of course i can copy them alright but none of them work because each view needs to be reinitialized. whatever i do ( generate them with the designer or write the reinitialization myself, nothing works, even when i change the name of the view if the view comes from the former application). Do i really have to restart all my views one by one or is there another way to do the job ( i have hundreds of them !). Thank you for your help.
Why not replicating the project.. copy folder, paste - change the name of folder... open project... and saveas with new name... so delete then anything you don't want...

edit... add b4xpage, class, module alone... ...check first a new b4xpage project - how is creating (create a test project)

Upvote 0

Pacache

Thank you. i dont know how to do that but can you explain me why i cannot just copy an entire designer layout from an application to another one ?

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Thank you. i dont know how to do that but can you explain me why i cannot just copy an entire designer layout from an application to another one ?
As Erel said, you can simply copy the layout files between the projects. but never forget to declare them in your project

Upvote 0

Pacache

Thank you all for your help. I eventually managed to copy the .bal files and insert them into my new project.
So far i just right clicked copy on the old designer layout and copied paste it into the new designer project, all the views were present but would not work.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Thank you all for your help. I eventually managed to copy the .bal files and insert them into my new project.
So far i just right clicked copy on the old designer layout and copied paste it into the new designer project, all the views were present but would not work.
1.Did you load layout?
2.There was a error message in log? perhaps you forgot to do that Windows->File Manager->Sync.
3.Post the sample project.

Upvote 0