Could I cause controversy?

blikspool

Licensed User
Is that even spelled right?

What is already done is a marvel don't get me wrong, but, I wonder about other things. Mainly programmatic conventions ( += -= etc.) which a lot of coders would love to have implemented from their native language to this new/old(delete as applicable) lingo. I direct you (hallowed leader!) to the piece of software called GLOVEPIE. This guy has got a totally mad combination of C, C++, BASIC and more in a single "unified" language - it doesn't matter if one line of code is in C and another in BASIC!. I'm not saying you should follow suit as I'm happy as Larry with BASIC but to appease all your "I want C convention" followers this is apparently possible.

What I would put on my wishlist, however, is direct DirectDraw/3D.

:sign0013::sign0089:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I would put on my wishlist, however, is direct DirectDraw/3D.
Bear in mind that Basic4ppc is primarily aimed at Windows Mobile devices, not desktops.

I have looked at producing a Direct3D Mobile library for Basic4ppc but decided that it was not feasible. Without getting too technical the problem is that on a device an application is started as either a Direct3D application or a Windows Forms application, the two don't mix, or at least it would take someone with more inside knowledge than I posess to mix them in one application. Basic4ppc produces only Windows Forms applications so negating the possibility of using Direct3D Mobile.

blikspool

Licensed User
I understand fully. DirectX is a nightmare for the best of us. I have a little experience in DX for VB6 and can appreciate the phenomenal amount of work which would have to be done.

:sign0148:

As for starting the app in a specific mode - that's a pain in the derrier! One guesses a completely different, customized version of the IDE would have to be produced. One that has no "windows form" functionality but contains the complete subset of functions for DX.

Wonder if WinMo7 may be more conducive to this endeavor...