Bug? Crash when loading previously working layouts and files

Discussion in 'iOS Bugs & Wishlist' started by Sandman, Nov 30, 2017.

  1. Sandman

    Sandman Active Member Licensed User

    I have encountered a very strange problem. All of a sudden it seems that the app crashes when it loads a file. This has been verified both for layouts and a file in Files. None of these files have been modified recently and have previously worked just fine.

    I was curious what had happened, in what way that were corrupted. So I took a look at them in TortoiseHg (I use Mercurial) and found that they hadn't changed at all. Very strange. So I opened a layout in the Designer and just did a Save. Back to TortoiseHg to see if that changed anything - it didn't, from Mercurials perspective the file was still identical. However, looking at the file properties, I could see that the Modified timestamp was updated (naturally). Mercurial doesn't track such metadata.

    Back to B4i to try with the re-saved, identical, layout - and now it worked without a flaw.

    From my perspective this is a situation that's simple to fix myself - I just re-save everything and it works. I still felt it was worth reporting. I've also attached the log below, for when a layout caused a crash.

    Might be worth mentioning that I haven't moved the project folder or any files in ages.

    (The file in Files was an mp3 that I fixed by simply duplicating it in Explorer, deleting the old one and changed the name of the duplicate.)


    Error occurred on line: 36 (actreport)
    Error opening stream: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=
    2 "No such file or directory" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=2, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}
    Stack Trace: (
      CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 148
      libobjc.A.dylib      objc_exception_throw + 56
      CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 0
      SandmanApp         -[B4IFile OpenInput::] + 436
      SandmanApp         -[B4ILayoutBuilder loadLayout:::] + 644
      SandmanApp         -[B4IPanelWrapper LoadLayout::] + 200
      SandmanApp         -[b4i_actreport _startactivitypage] + 1256
      SandmanApp         -[b4i_actworking _menureport_click] + 500
      CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 144
      CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 292
     SandmanApp         +[B4I runDynamicMethod:method:throwErrorIfMissing:args:] + 1624
     SandmanApp         -[B4IShell runMethod:] + 448
     SandmanApp         -[B4IShell raiseEventImpl:method:args::] + 1784
     SandmanApp         -[B4IShellBI raiseEvent:event:params:] + 1408
     SandmanApp         -[B4ICommon CallSub4::::] + 344
     SandmanApp         -[B4ICommon CallSub:::] + 156
     SandmanApp         -[b4i_actworking _mnuactionsheet_click:] + 2256
     CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 144
     CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 292
     SandmanApp         +[B4I runDynamicMethod:method:throwErrorIfMissing:args:] + 1624
     SandmanApp         -[B4IShell runMethod:] + 448
     SandmanApp         -[B4IShell raiseEventImpl:method:args::] + 1784
     SandmanApp         -[B4IShellBI raiseEvent:event:params:] + 1408
     SandmanApp         __33-[B4I raiseUIEvent:event:params:]_block_invoke + 60
     libdispatch.dylib    <redacted> + 24
     libdispatch.dylib    <redacted> + 16
     libdispatch.dylib    <redacted> + 968
     CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 12
     CoreFoundation       <redacted> + 2012
     CoreFoundation       CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 436
     GraphicsServices     GSEventRunModal + 100
     UIKit                UIApplicationMain + 208
     SandmanApp         main + 124
     libdyld.dylib        <redacted> + 4