Android Question Crashlytics/InAppReview problem

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to get crashlytics to work. I have a stripped down project with only Crashlytics and InAppReview libraries. I am getting the following error:

B4X:
Compiling generated Java code.    (1.34s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex.    Error
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/DataEncoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/Encoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/EncodingException;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ObjectEncoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ObjectEncoderContext;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ValueEncoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ValueEncoderContext;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/annotations/Encodable;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/annotations/Encodable$Field;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:692)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:315)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:293)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
    at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:684)
    ... 4 more

This is all I have for the libraries to start.
1614027848166.png

Starting over with a clean SDK / resources folder, I get a series of errors requiring installation of additional resources from the SDK manager.

Adding the InAppReview library, I get the following:
1614030435249.png

After installing that, I get the following in the stripped down crashlytics only test app:

1614028886464.png

So, I install the 16.1.0 firebase-encoders package. After doing so and attempting to compile, I get the original message referenced at the start of this post.

Any ideas?

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting the same problem after upgrading to the new beta.

Compiling generated Java code. (7.05s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/DataEncoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/Encoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/EncodingException;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ObjectEncoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ObjectEncoderContext;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ValueEncoder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/ValueEncoderContext;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/annotations/Encodable;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/encoders/annotations/Encodable$Field;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:692)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMultiDex(Main.java:366)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:291)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:684)
... 4 more

Upvote 0

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another detail. Trying to get just crashlytics working alone.

I started with a fresh Android SDK directory. Installed only firebase-encoders. Then I get the same error.

Here are the only libraries selected for the project.

1614864500212.png

Upvote 0

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had seen the same error when installing b4a on a new pc.
Delete or backup the android folder. because the size is too big and you don't have to download it again.
I only "required resources" "command line tool" installed.
Do not download the recommended mavens.
Try it this way. I guess there will be a solution.

Upvote 0