Android Tutorial Creating and Using a Virtual SD Card - Tutorial

Creating and Using a Virtual SD Card - A Tutorial

Here is a tutorial for creating a virtual SD-Card, copying your SD-card files and reading them. It includes screen-shots of each stage and a demo-program to read the images from the virtual sd-card and show them.

Download link below...

MEGAUPLOAD - Creating and using a virtual SD Card TUTORIAL

Apologies for not attaching it but the website was acting up and wouldn't allow me to do that.

Notes: Works with B4A-trial version. Not tested on actual android device as I don't have one.

Last edited:

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good job

Nice little tutorial, good to see my application to make the sd card get a run.

mjtaryan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wait for the megaupload 'free' download button's countdown to reach zero and then you can click to download it. :)

Ok. Got it to download. Quite nice. But now I have some questions for you.

1. Have you learned/figured out how to do this from wihin a B4a app you created?
2. Have you learned if it is possible to delete the files you've moved from internal storage to the SDCard? (After all, why would you want to move the files to external storage and then leave them in internal storage? For me, the primary purpose of putting the files on the SD Card is to free up internal space on the user's device.)
3. Have you learned how to create the directores you will need or want on the SD card from within your app?

I'm new to B4a and, therefore, haven't learned how to do these (and about a zillion other things) yet.

SeaCay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

On my recent visit (today) it woulp appear that appaently MegaUploads seems to be having some litigatory issues (site siezed etc).

Is there another location for this info?

regards

SeaCay