Android Question Debug(rapid) fails compile, Debug(legacy) compiles

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by LuanKotze, Jul 17, 2015.

  1. LuanKotze

    LuanKotze Member Licensed User

    My app always fails to compile in Debug(rapid), on this line:

    job.PostString("http://www.myurl.co.za/myscript.php", Query)

    Compiling code. Error
    Error compiling program.
    Error description: Too many parameters.
    Occurred on line: 68
    job.PostString("http://www.myurl.co.za/myscript.php", Query)
    Word: query

    However it compiles in legacy debug mode. Also I have tried on a fresh VM with a clean install of windows and B4A, same result. Any ideas?
     
  2. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    How is Query declared? Is it possible that there is another code module named Query?
     
  3. LuanKotze

    LuanKotze Member Licensed User

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    Query is a parameter of this sub

    Sub ExecuteRemoteQuery(Query As String, JobName As String)

    Dim job As HttpJob
    job.Initialize(JobName, Me)
    job.PostString("http://www.myurl.co.za/myscript.php", Query)

    End Sub


    When I comment out this sub and compile, it simply fails on the next occurrence of job.PostString. Also changing the second parameter from a variable to a constant string does this:

    Error compiling program.
    Error description: Too many parameters.
    Occurred on line: 68
    job.PostString("http://www.myurl.co.za/myscript.php", "String")
    Word: String
     
  4. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    Can you upload the project (File - Export as zip)?
     
  5. LuanKotze

    LuanKotze Member Licensed User

    Is it possible to upload the file and keep it private, as my app has many server passwords and security details that are currently being used in a tax application for clients. If not I will strip my app of this sensitive data and upload it.
     
  6. JakeBullet70

    JakeBullet70 Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Send it to Erel directly.
     
  7. LuanKotze

    LuanKotze Member Licensed User

    For the sake of posterity, I managed to find the problem. Turns out I still had a HTTP module in my project, instead of referencing the HttpUtils2. I removed the HTTP module and added the HttpUtils2 library using the library manager and viola.
     
Loading...