Deeply saddened for the Germanwings crash

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Innocent small children who saw nothing in this life, and all the others we lost in a terrible accident today.
My warmest condolences to our European fellow members and the families and relatives of the victims.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my way home I passed by a hi-fi shop which had a TV facing outdoors... "Crash of a A320 over the Alpes"... I am now at home watching the news... And the "most important" thing the news Chanel had to say was... " no French on board"...
150 lives were lost... Who cares about their nationalities... May they rest in peace.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
As my father was a pilot (agricultural and helicopter) who had several crashes, these incidents always hits me extra hard. Hearing about a helicopter crash on media, and trying to remember "Where is he working now?". The ones gone, their suffering is over. I feel for the families of those lost, their pain has just begun.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
"150 lives were lost... Who cares about their nationalities" +1

something you learn from using online forums is that country borders now no longer matter. This is one world, united by the web, all living together and grieving together when people are lost.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
something you learn from using online forums is that country borders now no longer matter. This is one world, united by the web, all living together and grieving together when people are lost.

Beautifully said! Internet may very well be the weapon of peace that will break down borders, nations and despots, and create the brotherhood of man.

Just look here. We have arch-nemesis' such as arabs and israelis talking and helping each other, treating and judging each other on personal merits, not based on group membership. I have to admit, even though it shames me, that this has been somewhat of a hurdle for me to get over. I've lived and worked in Jordan for two years, so I have many friends there, and that has given me certain opinions on israeli foreign politics, and in some cases, this has, I'm sad to say, spilled over as opinions on specific persons as well. However, talking to people makes me remember that people are people, we are all individuals and most people are actually very nice, even if we don't agree with their opinions (or, their leader's opinions).

The earth isn't made up of some 300 nations, it's made up of some 7 billion individuals, all with their personality, strength, weaknesses and differences. Friendship has to begin between persons, not between nations.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AndyMC and Troberg,
What a masterpiece each of you put here!
We are living in a completely new environment.. and only few are recognizing this fact. I worked for IBM in 1998 and our team lead told us to keep any piece of code should be locked in our desk drawers when we go home at the end of the day.. he said if you wrote 1 + 1 = 2 on a slip of paper, then you should make sure to lock it, because some cleaning employees work part time for other companies!
Today Microsoft itself is open-sourcing it's flagship products. You read (strangers) in the net, you don't know who they are, or even where they are.. they publish the fruits of their research and avail it for free, and comment with something like "I am posting this with the (hope) that someone can find it helpful.. or someone can benefit from it. Who on earth was caring about strangers benefiting from their work just 30 years ago.
This kind of feeling happiness through making others happy indicates that humanity today is connected together, feeling each other like never did before.
But where are our politicians from all this? way behind. If leaders of the world continued to freeze themselves in the twenty's century environment and all of it's conditions, and peoples couldn't confront them and forced them to change their behaviors on peace, environment protection and human rights, then we are promised to delete our achievement and civilization and reset everything to the beginning of time some 100,000 years ago.
Mother nature never jokes.. it has only one law. any creature who fail to reconcile with their new environment will be expelled and replaced by new generation... Cheers!

Last edited: