@Derez and Klaus

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Need a usable source App. to do Real-time map navigation using Jpg.
In the last Weeks I have been trying to get this done on my own, but with no Luck.
I would like to use Gps.dll and Serial2.dll.if at all possible.
Get Fix and show position on the Map, and set Waypoints on said Map sure is a Headache to do for me. Just cant get this integrated.:(
Everything else in my little Gps Program works pretty good.
I really appreciate all the :sign0085: I could get on this!!!

:)Klaus, Have tried on my own with the waypoint situation, but to no avail.
:)Derez, I have been studing the Info from you, but I am hanging on this.

Best Regards to all,
WmC

PC: Laptop CoreDUo, Windows XP SP2 E
PPC: MDA Pro/WM5
Prozessor: PXA-520 Mhz
Display: 480x640 TFT
Periphery: GPS Receiver (ext module)
Bayern/Germany

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Slightly off topic

Dear Chatman,

I think it is always nice to do your own programming when you have the time, but just in case you prefer the ready-made solution - have you had a look at NoniGPSPlot? It's freeware and seems to do what you want.

Noni GPSPlot

all the best / Björn

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
:)Hello Björn
Thankyou for the Help. But there will be no Access to the Internet in this App.
Only wish to use my own Jpg maps. If you have open source code for something like that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sinceraly,
Wm. Chatman

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi William,
I am working on a GPS program but it is not yet at a level to post it here on the forum, there are still some things to do and to test.
The program will do:
- load a map as an image file, it could be a screenshot of a map (that's my case). (works already)
- scale it with physical coordinates, knowing the coordinates of 2 given points on the map (like in the ScaledMap program) (works with 2 different coordinate systems)
- show the current GPS position (I am using the GPSDriver library, but I think there would be no problem with the other libraries)(works)
- show the directions to go to for a given path (for me a path is a list of coordinates to follow, with GPS, to a given end point)(needs some tuning)

If you want, I could you send the program, in it's current state, in a private mail, but as I said it needs some more tuning.

Best regrads.

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
:)Hello Klaus:),
Hope things are well with you!
I was just going to send you a mail, to let you know that I have been busting my A.. on this. With no results. Ive not given up yet!
If you would be so kind, please do so, and I also am going to play with this new Data.
Danke Dir,
William

Edit: thank you Klaus, now I must wait, it would be very nice if Mr. Erel could help with this matter.

Last edited: