B4J Question Designer cannot create new layout

Schakim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

arriving new here and have just installed latest B4J and created my first project, but when I try to use the Designer, following the "Working with JavaFX Scene Builder" tutorial, to "Create New Layout" then Windows complains with a "Windows can't open this file:" message box (screenshot attached).

Prior to install B4J I have installed Java 1.8 JDK 64-bits, and Android SDK (as I will give B4A a try as well), which btw didn't have any problem with finding the 64-bits JDK.

I understand this probably is Java related and that Windows (Ultimate-64) doesn't recognise the .fxml extension, which I assume the JDK installations should have taken care of - or what am I missing here and what to do? Go ahead and "select a program...", or what?

Attachments

• fxerror.jpg
    fxerror.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 189

Schakim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Argh! I was of the opinion that the screen builder was a part of JavaFX, which now is included in the JDK and thus would have been installed with it I was wrong! After downloading and installed JavaFX Scene Builder 2.0 all is fine. So well I guess I'm on board then.

Upvote 0