Detab in IDE and Error info

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A couple for the wishlist.

I would like to see the detab function, as implemented in the device, provided in the IDE. I like my code to look neat and properly indented. When cutting and pasting and arranging indents I would find it easier to to it with spaces, make a selection, and then retab.

I would also like somes means, like global variables or an error control/object to be able to access a string describing the last error and maybe an error number to select ..case on.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could change the TabSize to 1 (Tools - IDE Options - Tab Size) to get a similar effect.
The effect is similar but not quite the same as you still need to use the tab key. With spaces I could "rock" with my right hand between the space bar and delete or backspace keys to get the indentation pattern that I want and then retab to my chosen tab size. BTW I use the mouse with my left hand. I guess the tab key is more convenient if you use the mouse with your right hand

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The message string is not too reliable as it changes based on the device language.
I would have thought that was a good thing as you can then use it in a message box if you want to. But yes, programmatically, you would also need some locale independent indicator such as an error number.