Device IDE defaults

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The default settings for controls in the device IDE designer are greater than version 6.50. For example a button is now 79 x 25 whereas before it was 75 x 23. Similarly a label is now 78 x 27 instead of 75 x 25. In contrast a textbox still has the same defualt height of 21 but does increase in width to 77. The device IDE also has increased defaults but they don't match those on the device!

I am not botthered by widths as they are always adjusted but the previous heights were acceptable so the increases in default height seem unnecessary.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you using a VGA device?
Yes, As the device installation also wipes out 6.50 I've only put it on my iPAQ214 so far.

EDIT: I didn't realise that the VGA IDE would be a different program. Now I;ve tried it when I load an app laid out in the QVGA all the controls are (more or less) half size as i would expect. However if I add new controls in the VGA designer some of them they come out at twice the pixel size of the QVGA controls so it looks just like the QVGA designer. I would have expected their defaults to be smaller!

Last edited: