B4J Question Device "Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)" (\\.\DISPLAY1) ...

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I've had to swap to a second older computer (No 1 "kuput" - appologies to all the Germanys about the spelling) I'm getting the following message when compiling B4J programs

"Device "Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)" (\\.\DISPLAY1) initialization failed :
WARNING: bad driver version detected, device disabled. Please update your driver to at least version "

I've updated all my divers according to the update program I'm using. I'm presuming this is a Windows 7 problem rather than a B4J problem

Appreciate any advice

Thanks

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
This message comes from the JavaFX engine. It probably disables hardware acceleration due to the driver incompatibility.
Thanks Erel
Hopefully I'll have my main computer back in a couple of days so it's not really a problem seeing everything seems to be working ok

Regards

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've fixed the problem. I downloaded the beta version of the Driver Update program that I was using and it updated the relevant driver.

Thanks again for your assistance in pointing me in the right direction

Upvote 0