Android Question Dialog on home screen

Dario126

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to make app which has no full screen form, but some dialog type form (custom made by me). This is modified in main module:

B4X:
#Region  Activity Attributes
    #FullScreen: False
    #IncludeTitle: false
#End Region

.. but app is still in whole screen area except title and navigation buttons. How do I make "dialog type" form for my app .. for example round rect 200x50 pix or some custom semi transparent image?

Dario126

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I can not believe that there is no some simpler way to have some dialog window on screen. I do not need widget like form which is always active. I only need modal dialog (modal form) which is not full screen area, but only 200x50 pix. Two or three buttons on them for user to choose.

Purpose is when app running in background needs to ask user some yes/no detail, not to occupy whole screen ..

Maybe custom dialog is right way?

Upvote 0

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something like this:
wpid-screenshot_2013-11-30-02-08-13.png

Upvote 0

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Isn't it possible to edit the manifest and set the theme of any Activity to be one of the android Dialog themes?

B4X:
SetActivityAttribute(Main, android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Dialog")

Martin.
Impressive. Never thought of doing this. Do you know if this works on all versions of Android?

Upvote 0

khosrwb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Isn't it possible to edit the manifest and set the theme of any Activity to be one of the android Dialog themes?

B4X:
SetActivityAttribute(Main, android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Dialog")

Martin.

hi
I don't know why don't show my layout (( main2 )) in my app !!!:(:(:(:(

Attachments

• 1.zip
    10 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0