Android Question Dialog text not visible with light themes applied

Jimdriver2

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I'm missing something obvious here.

I've used this https://b4x.com/android/forum/threads/theme-colors.87716/ information to apply a light theme to my app.

The issue I'm now having though is when I use any of the dialogs from the Dialog library their background colours go light but the text in them stays white. So for example in the DateDialog all the days of the month numbers aren't visible.

I've seen that there are other libraries with alternative dialogs I could use but I feel like I'm missing something if changing the theme of the app causes this?

I've looked for some documentation on the different themes that are available but can't find anything.

Thanks.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah - it's because the text color is set to white in the theme, which works for a blue action bar, but doesn't work for a dialog with a white background.

B4X:
<color name="textColorPrimary">#ffffffff</color>

Can you change the dialog text color in code?

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Jimdriver2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah - it's because the text color is set to white in the theme, which works for a blue action bar, but doesn't work for a dialog with a white background.

B4X:
<color name="textColorPrimary">#ffffffff</color>

Can you change the dialog text color in code?

- Colin.

Thanks! That worked perfectly, changes the dialog text colour but nothing else. I can manually set the text colour of all controls I add.

Cheers.

Upvote 0