Wish Directly run iOS app on device from within B4I

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is indeed a nice feature however it is quite limited. It will not work without a local Mac computer. If you already have a Mac computer then you can develop with the simulator.

There are also limitations to the app itself.

If you plan to release your app (to the app store or other devices) then you need an Apple developer account anyway so the benefits are quite small.

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

You are quite right: but it helps to be able to run the apple on a real device (eg: to get the GPS location, which the simulator does not seem to 'fake', or use the camera or ...)

What do you mean with "limitations to the app itself" ? Do you know of things that do not work ?

So true about an Apple developer account, but I think for a lot of us the fact you can run an app on your own device without needing to pay Apple 99$/year initially (to start developing with b4i) is very interesting (at least for me it was).

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Indeed: for push messages to work you will definitely need a paying Apple Developer Account.
I haven't found any limitations (yet).

"you need to compile your app in release mode and then install it from Xcode.": that's indeed exactly what I'm doing.